Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Let's Talk Smoothies!

How many of you make smoothies on a daily basis? Cause I do, and I love my smoothies. I've seen post on smoothie packs, recipes, and what fruits to add...but I have my formula. I don't just like almond or soy milk blended with some strawberries and a few mango slices. I love my smoothies to have variety of essentials from good fats to greens. Can you say yum? Lol. ***For best results try to use 100% Organic, Non-GMO ingredients!!!***
Enough yapping, here's what my formula looks like...
Fitensity's Smoothie Formula!
  • 1 soft fruit
  • 2 small handfuls of frozen fruits
  • 1 scoop of protein powder
  • 1-2 tablespoons binder
  • 1.5 tablespoons oil
  • 1.5 cups liquid
  • 1 tablespoon sweetner (more or less depending on what fruits you use)
  • *optional* greens, superfoods, and other ingredients
  • 5 icecubs (only if your soft fruit isn't frozen)

Now it's time for you to fill in the ingredients, remember it's all up to you and what kinds of fruits you want to use!
Soft Fruit
  • Bananas
  • Avocado
  • Apple (puree beforehand so you won't have chunks!)
For my soft fruit I like to use bananas! Who doesn't love bananas! Honestly I've never had it with avocados...but I will get back to you on that. 
Frozen (or fresh) Fruit
  • Strawberry
  • Blueberries
  • Blackberries
  • Mango
  • Pineapple
  • Raspberries
  • Berry Mix
Protein Powder
Currently I am using a matcha green tea protein by Natural Factors. It's actually really good!
Binders
  • Ground Flaxseed
  • Peanut butter, almond butter, any nut butter.
  • Soaked raw almonds
Oils
  • Hemp Oil
  • Coconut Oil (make sure it's not the one that's harden when cooled because it will freeze in your blender)
  • Flaxseed Oil
  • Any Nut Oil
Liquids
  • Water
  • Coconut Water (really good for you, future post coming)
  • Hemp Milk
  • Almond Milk or other nut
  • Brewed Tea that is cooled
Sweetners
  • Stevia
  • Honey
  • Agave (high in fructose!)
Super foods, Greens, Etc
  • Chia Seeds
  • Arugula
  • Kale
  • Cocoa Nibs
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • Maca Powder
  • Spinach Leaves
  • Turmeric Powder
Now, I hope this helped. Remember that you can accommodate the formula to your macros, calorie intake, or whatever! 
Need more info or help... Comment or message me!


No comments:

Post a Comment